Preparing for Your Motion Analysis Lab Appointment
A session at the Bubba Watson and PING Golf Motion Analysis Laboratory consists of a series of exams, tasks and activities that may tire, but not hurt, your child. Each step of the testing session is designed to help identify the causes of movement problems. After the testing session, all of the information is collected, analyzed and reviewed to create a customized treatment plan for your child.
You can expect the visit to last about three hours. We will need to place special markers and other devices on your child’s body, so it is important that your child is dressed appropriately. The child will be asked to walk both barefoot and with braces, if appropriate. If your child normally uses an aide such as a walker or crutches, bring these to use as well. Parents/guardians are encouraged to join us in the lab during their child’s visit, and our staff will be glad to answer any questions you may have.
On the day of the evaluation, please:
- Make sure your child is healthy and well rested
- Make sure your child has had a good meal prior to their appointment
- Bring any braces or other assistive devices (crutches, walker, etc.) you have. If your child has a brace or AFO that they were prescribed but do not wear anymore due to ill fit or pain, bring it anyway.
What to Wear
- Tight fitting shorts, preferably spandex; no denim or loose fitting shorts.
- Tank top or a two-piece bathing suit for girls.
- Bring a hair tie if your child has long hair. Shoulder length hair needs to be pulled up so as not to cover the back of the neck as a marker is placed on the neck and cannot be obscured by hair.
- Have your child wear lace up shoes. Please don’t bring new shoes. Well-worn (but comfortable) shoes are the best.
If you have any questions prior to your appointment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.